Effect of pulp concentration on floatation
Due to the influence of pulp concentration, dosage and particle size, the flotation process is changed dramatically, which leads to the abnormal thickness of foam layer and the volume of foam. Today, Xiaobian is going to give you a detailed account of the influence of pulp concentration on flotation.
Pulp concentration can affect the following technical and economic indicators.
(1) affect the recovery rate. When the concentration of pulp is low, the recovery rate is low. If pulp concentration increases, the recovery rate will also increase, but the recovery rate beyond the limit will decrease. The main reason is that the concentration is too high, which destroys the aeration condition of the flotation machine.
(2) affect the quality of the concentrate. The general rule is that the concentrate quality is relatively high when floatation is relatively thin, but the quality of concentrate will decrease when flotation is carried out in the thicker pulp.
(3) influence the drug consumption. When the pulp is thicker, the dosage of every T ore is less and the dosage of every T ore is increased when the pulp concentration is relatively thin.
(4) influence the production capacity of the flotation machine. With the increase of pulp concentration, the production capacity of floatation machine calculated by treatment volume also increased.
(5) affect the consumption of water and electricity. The thicker the pulp is, the smaller the power consumption of each t ore will be.
(6) influence floatation time. When flotation pulp is thicker, the flotation time increases slightly.
In conclusion, when pulp concentration is strong, it is beneficial for flotation process. But too large, pulp and bubble can not flow freely, then inflating will deteriorate, thus reducing the quality and recovery rate. Therefore, we must determine the suitable pulp concentration according to the ore properties and related technical requirements.
Due to the influence of pulp concentration, dosage and particle size, the flotation process is changed dramatically, which leads to the abnormal thickness of foam layer and the volume of foam. It can show two extreme phenomena: one is the fall of the mineral level, not a foam at all; the other is a large amount of pulp and foam spillover. This phenomenon is called the "slots". The cause of the previous situation is that the fineness of the grinding is too coarse, the amount of treatment increases suddenly, the flotation mass fraction is too large, the amount of the foaming agent is insufficient or the properties of the raw ore have been changed. Some measures should be taken to adjust the operation of grinding and classification, reduce ore volume or supplement water volume, increase the dosage of foaming agent appropriately, adjust the reagent system and so on. The following causes are the reduction of treatment, the small volume of floatation, the excess of water, the increase of circulation, the increase of flotation reagents or the increase of the mineral mud in the raw ore, and the leakage of the oil in the pulp. It is possible to reduce the amount of water supply, reduce the amount of the middling, reduce the drug or stop the medicine, etc. Rizos.